Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Die to the Light of the Mind (DX7)





This Track is basically the same song as the other one.  Slightly different in patches and

tracking but nothing different.  Sometime I should re-do the song with better production etc.

It is simple and spiritual and uplifting with DX7 tones.  I love the DX7. It is great although if

it is your only synth you will get a little tired from the tones.  I mean this in a good way. 

The limitation of the keyboard is one of its greatest strengths but the depth of the tones can

be irritating as well as enlightening.  It has a double standard that was not reached by other

synths.  This is what made it so powerful.  Use your imagination and it will soar.  Find a reason to

be disappointed with the pads and you can get irritable.  I did many patch collection recordings

for the sake of posterity and sometime I may purchase an old DX7.  I also wonder about the D-50 if

it has as many patches out there. Not sure. THANKS FOR LISTENING :)

No comments:

Post a Comment